Mab is a Faerie and the Queen of the Winter Court; she is the Queen of Air and Darkness. She is the twin sister of Titania, and the mother of Maeve and Sarissa, who are twin sisters themselves. She first appears in Summer Knight.
Mab is one of the most powerful faes existing, and is ruthless enough to wield her power to maximum effect.(reference needed)
In the seriesEdit
- Mortal brute. Whatever your past, whatever your future, know this: I am Mab, and I keep my bargains. Question my given word again, ape, and I will finish freezing the water in your eyes.
- So many scars… Your scars are beautiful things. Within and without.
- — Quotes by Mab herself.I am Mab. The stars will rain from the sky before Mab fulfills not her word.
- Spenser never mentions that the Faerie Queen has a great ass.
- Think of every fairy-tale villainess you've ever heard of. Think of the wicked witches, the evil queens, the mad enchantresses. Think of the alluring sirens, the hungry ogresses, the savage she-beasts. Think of them and remember that somewhere, sometime, they've all been real.
Mab gave them lessons.
- What we did wasn't sex, regardless of what it appeared to be. You can't have sex with a thunderstorm, an earthquake, a furious winter gale. You can't make love to a mountain, a lake of ice, a freezing wind.
- — Quotes by Harry about Mab.For a few moments, I saw the breadth and depth of Mab's power—and for a fleeting instant, the barest, tiniest glimpse of her purpose, as well, as our entwined bodies thrashed toward completion. I was screaming. I had been for a while.
- [Sanya stood looking steadily at me.]
- [I coughed. I waited.]
- So, Mab.
- [I grunted vaguely in reply.]
- You hit that."
- [I did not look at him. My face felt red.]
- [—he scrunched up his nose, digging in his memory—]
- —tapped that ass. Presumably, it was phat.
- I saw her once. Mab. Beautiful beyond words.
- And dangerous.
- And you are now her champion.
- Everybody's gotta be something, right?
- — Sanya and Dresden after Dresden became the Winter Knight.Joking about it. Good. You will need that sense of humor.
- ↑ Summer Knight, ch. 4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jim Butcher, /r/books subreddit, in response to Lokiorin. https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/25q3em/i_am_jim_butcher_author_of_the_dresden_files_the/chjmuk3/
- ↑ Cold Days, ch. 30
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://wordof.jim-butcher.com/index.php/word-of-jim-woj-compilation/woj-on-the-fae/
- ↑ Cold Days, ch. 7
- ↑ Cold Days, ch. 33
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Changes, ch. 30
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Summer Knight, ch. 3
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Small Favor, ch. 6
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Changes
- ↑ Cold Days, ch. 53
- ↑ Changes, ch. 33